Communications SpecialistApply Now Date posted 04/11/2017
- Requisition ID
- Job Locations
- Posted Date
- Communications & Creative Services
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess
- Yes- Interim Secret required to start
- Telecommuting Options
- Telecommuting Not Allowed
- Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together - figuratively and literally - of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.
CSRA is seeking a Communications Specialist in Rosslyn, Virginia to support a cybersecurity contract with the U.S. Department of State (DoS).
The work you do here every day will ensure the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. As a member of one of our outstanding teams, you’ll collaborate with customers and businesses to deliver the best technologies and solutions aligned to critical mission requirements. At CSRA we are proud of our diverse community, and we are strengthened by the many viewpoints and ideas shared by our employees who hail from every corner of the world.
The DoS Office of Cybersecurity Awareness Program is responsible for building a culture of cybersecurity awareness across 170 embassies worldwide and in domestic offices by increasing knowledge and promoting cybersecurity policies and best practices. As a Communications Specialist, you will play a critical role in developing and executing strategic communications initiatives. You will engage a global workforce of 100,000+ users to increase awareness regarding the secure use of data, networks, computers, and new technologies such as mobile devices, social media, and the cloud. You will work with policy writers, foreign intelligence analysts, engineers, computer technicians, and IT experts to craft messaging and communications materials to meet the strategic objectives of the Office of Cybersecurity.
- Assist with developing and executing strategic communications initiatives including: identifying target audiences; developing core and key messaging; developing high-quality materials; and assisting with tracking program metrics and developing reports for leadership.
- Design, write, produce, and distribute communications materials to include: targeted emails, fact sheets, bulletins, posters, newsletters, FAQs, website content, social media content, intranet advertisements, magazine and blog articles, briefings, online training content, talking points, and video scripts.
- Provide and maintain public relations with key stakeholders, DoS leadership, and external partners.
- Plan and execute high-profile industry events and attend conferences and events.
- Recommend innovative solutions for monthly awareness campaigns, events, and outreach.
- BA in English, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field combined with 3+ years of work experience or MA in the same fields combined with 1+ year of work experience
- Experience in strategic communications planning and development, including print and digital content; experience with social media management
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively relate to agency and customer needs; ability to build working relationships with leaders and key stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex, technical IT terms into digestible information for users with varying levels of cybersecurity awareness
- Proficient in MS Office and experience using SharePoint
- Experience with graphic design and design software (e.g. Adobe InDesign or Photoshop)
- Experience with event management and public relations is preferred
- Driven, energetic, team player with superior oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge or background in IT or cybersecurity is preferred, but may be substituted by a demonstrated self-starter who is comfortable researching and writing about cybersecurity topics, trends, and best practices
- Work with global target audiences is preferred
- A sample communication product is required with application (e.g. article, poster, blog entry, fact sheet, press release)
Connect With Us!
The company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS